About Face: A free white paper on Facebook Pages
Download the latest version of About Face (Right-click to download)
With the recent update to Facebook Pages, many brands and businesses will be left wondering how they can best take advantage of this upgrade. The Advance Guard has collected some ideas and tips into a white paper that can now be freely downloaded and shared under a Creative Commons license.
- Optimizing Tabs for maximum effectiveness.
- Strategies to increase activity on your Wall .
- Choosing the right Applications to install.
- Creating custom landing zones for newcomers.
- Increasing viral spread of your brand, and things to avoid
- Recruiting new Fans and engaging with existing ones.
WHO THIS IS FOR
“About Face” is not a complete beginners guide to Facebook. It’s written as a primer for those who are already familiar with Facebook through personal profiles and the old style Fan Pages, and who manage (or want to set up) a Facebook presence for their Brand, including:
- brand managers and marketing executives
- small business owners
- creative agency personnel
- social media consultants
The Advance Guard is a new media consultancy that creates radical marketing programs using disruptive technologies, community platforms and social media. Our clients include American Eagle Outfitters, Verizon FiOS, The Coca Cola Company, HBO, and Warner Brothers. Detailed case studies for some of these are available from our home page.
- Version 1.3 - Edited to reflect options Facebook implemented for the Wall.
- Version 1.2 - Changes to Boxes specs, clarifications on Tagging, details about video embeds.
- Version 1.1 - Activated hyperlinks on examples, added examples, small text changes.
- Version 1.0 - First released March 9, 2009
TAGS & SHARING
We hope to continue to expand and improve this document, and your feedback is critical. Please constructively share advice, criticism, tips, and best-in-class examples over on our Facebook Discussion Group or below via a comment, and we’ll try to include them in the next revision.